Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Adjustable Pressure Relief Bung  (Read 2493 times)

Offline khillje

• Assistant Brewer
    • Twitter
Adjustable Pressure Relief Bung
« on: April 04, 2013, 04:21:45 pm »
So a few weeks back the idea of a pressurized secondary fermentation came up in another forum discussion (Here: http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/forum/index.php?topic=15090.msg191536#msg191536) and I decided to order the part and try it out.  I'll be brewing this weekend and I'll be using this bad boy during the secondary fermentation:

I'm hoping adding this will get a jump start on forced carbonation by pressurizing the CO2 let off during the secondary fermentation.  Time will tell if the pressure of ~12 psi will release out of the valve first or push the bung out of my keg first.  I'll let you know how it works!

Offline james

• Brewer
Re: Adjustable Pressure Relief Bung
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 06:58:53 pm »
It sounds like you are using a sanke keg as a fermenter, a 2" Tri-Clamp fitting will fit right over the top and you could use some adapters to hook your pressure relief valve

Offline khillje

• Assistant Brewer
    • Twitter
Re: Adjustable Pressure Relief Bung
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 11:00:24 am »
Yep, brewing 15 gallons and fermenting in sanke.  That's awesome!  I was thinking about getting a collar or something I used to use pipe fitting.  Sounds like with some slight modification, that would keep the bung in.  Thanks!