Other than Brewing > The Pub

Beer-Candied Bacon

<< < (2/4) > >>

Joe Sr.:

--- Quote from: el_capitan on March 20, 2013, 06:36:55 PM ---Sweet sweet mother of God.  This looks amazing.  I am picking up some bacon on the way home tomorrow.  Kind of thinking I really should have some bacon on hand at all times anyway. 

Beer-Candied Bacon

--- End quote ---

You're a step behind me.  I have bacon in the fridge and WILL be making this tomorrow night or Saturday.

tschmidlin:

--- Quote from: erockrph on March 21, 2013, 06:31:11 AM ---Wow. This almost sounds better than chocolate-covered bacon.

--- End quote ---
I had chocolate covered bacon last weekend, made with unsweetened chocolate - I thought it was terrible.  What a way to ruin bacon.

bluesman:
Worth a try sometime.

I've always said that I could eat bacon with just about anything and love it. :)

erockrph:

--- Quote from: tschmidlin on March 21, 2013, 09:19:19 AM ---
--- Quote from: erockrph on March 21, 2013, 06:31:11 AM ---Wow. This almost sounds better than chocolate-covered bacon.

--- End quote ---
I had chocolate covered bacon last weekend, made with unsweetened chocolate - I thought it was terrible.  What a way to ruin bacon.

--- End quote ---

Yikes... I'm cringing at the thought of that. Might as well mix in some ground hop pellets while you're at it. I do enjoy a top-end 99-100% cacao dark chocolate from time to time, but that does seem like a great way to ruin some good bacon.

But with a good dark chocolate in the 50-70% cacao range it is one of the pinnacles of gluttony.

Jimmy K:
I made bacon ice cream years ago and used candied bacon so it would stay crunchy. This might just push that over the edge.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version