General Category > General Homebrew Discussion

Favorite beer you've ever brewed?

(1/7) > >>

hellbound:
So what's the favorite beer you've ever brewed? Just curious is all really.

Mine is an Arrogant Bastard clone that I put together myself, after brewing it over a dozen times, it's spot on. Reason it's my favorite, it's the very first beer that got me into real beer in the first place. And the idea of being able to brew it myself? well, that's why I started brewing.

Cheers Brewheads!

-Dave

fmader:
It was probably my tart cherry stout. It was my second all grain brew. My first was my attempts to clone SNPA. That beer didn't clone it, but it was still pretty good. But that was a simple recipe. I decided to jump into something that was much more complicated. I questioned myself if I should brew it or not. I put the recipe together. It involved cold steeping of dark grains and racking the beer onto 10 pounds of fresh tart cherries. This was last July....The beer was very cherry-y at first. After some aging, it is now pretty damn good IMO. Good enough that I registered it into the NHC. So, I guess I'll see how good it actually is  8)

hellbound:

--- Quote from: fmader on March 22, 2013, 08:07:32 PM --- Good enough that I registered it into the NHC. So, I guess I'll see how good it actually is  8)

--- End quote ---

Good Luck

firedog23:
My rye pale ale that is almost gone. It was also my first beer that was kegged or dry-hoped and the first beer of mine that I kept for myself and didn't share with very many people.

tygo:
The American brown ale I brewed last year.  Big hop flavor and aroma with a nice malty backbone and just a hint of roasty chocolate in the finish. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version