Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: The Wheel of Time  (Read 2058 times)

Offline narcout

• Brewmaster General
  • Los Angeles, CA
The Wheel of Time
« on: March 24, 2013, 01:55:44 pm »
I just finished A Memory of Light.

I think I started reading this series in 10th grade (I'm 34 now).  It's hard to believe that it's over.

Brandon Sanderson did a fantastic job.  I can't imagine what a daunting task that must have been.
Sometimes you just can't get enough - JAMC

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: The Wheel of Time
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 02:12:15 pm »
I started reading it maybe 10 years ago.  I was about half way through the 7th book when Jordan died and decided that if it was never going to be finished that I didn't want to invest any more time in it.  I'd almost decide that even before Jordan died!  Now that I know the final book has been written, I dove back in about a week ago.  Slowly starting to recall WTF was going on.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 07:29:41 pm »
Hmm, haven't heard of this one before.  I've been looking for something new to get into.  Just downloaded The Eye of the World to my Kindle.  Thanks.
Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline jamminbrew

• Brewmaster
  • theAntipunk
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 08:00:57 pm »
One of my favorite all time stories. Amol was fantastic. It ended just the way it should. Brandon Sanderson did an amazing job finishing the series. But I must day, books seven through ten were very dry and hard to get through. Well worth the trip. I started this series in'92. Was very upset when Mr Jordan died. I would recommend this series to any one who is a fan of fantasy.
In caelo cerivisiae nil, hic igitur bibimus.

Offline brewmasternpb

• Brewer
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 10:23:55 pm »
Here is a great resource for Denny and anyone else who might get lost in that plot:
http://www.encyclopaedia-wot.org/
It gives a brief synopsis of every chapter, and links for every name, place and plot twist, so you can figure it out.
Dave Malone
The Greater Denver Yeast Infection

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 10:26:52 pm »
I stopped after a while too, but kept buying the books for some unknown reason.  I'll start reading them again at some point.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
The Wheel of Time
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 10:05:11 am »
Here is a great resource for Denny and anyone else who might get lost in that plot:
http://www.encyclopaedia-wot.org/
It gives a brief synopsis of every chapter, and links for every name, place and plot twist, so you can figure it out.

Cool!  Thanks!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell