Other than Brewing > The Pub

The Wheel of Time

(1/2) > >>

narcout:
I just finished A Memory of Light.

I think I started reading this series in 10th grade (I'm 34 now).  It's hard to believe that it's over.

Brandon Sanderson did a fantastic job.  I can't imagine what a daunting task that must have been.

denny:
I started reading it maybe 10 years ago.  I was about half way through the 7th book when Jordan died and decided that if it was never going to be finished that I didn't want to invest any more time in it.  I'd almost decide that even before Jordan died!  Now that I know the final book has been written, I dove back in about a week ago.  Slowly starting to recall WTF was going on.

tygo:
Hmm, haven't heard of this one before.  I've been looking for something new to get into.  Just downloaded The Eye of the World to my Kindle.  Thanks.

jamminbrew:
One of my favorite all time stories. Amol was fantastic. It ended just the way it should. Brandon Sanderson did an amazing job finishing the series. But I must day, books seven through ten were very dry and hard to get through. Well worth the trip. I started this series in'92. Was very upset when Mr Jordan died. I would recommend this series to any one who is a fan of fantasy.

brewmasternpb:
Here is a great resource for Denny and anyone else who might get lost in that plot:
http://www.encyclopaedia-wot.org/
It gives a brief synopsis of every chapter, and links for every name, place and plot twist, so you can figure it out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version