General Category > Kegging and Bottling

What the?

<< < (2/4) > >>

DrewG:

--- Quote --- head space is a big factor
--- End quote ---

Maybe an inch of freeboard in the keg, which is pretty full, admittedly. However the keg next to it was filled to the same level and its carbed up fine.

beersk:
Hmmm, grasping at air, but have you made sure the valve on the manifold is on? I've not left mine on before and realized it a day or so later.

DrewG:

--- Quote ---Hmmm, grasping at air, but have you made sure the valve on the manifold is on?
--- End quote ---

It's on. Dumped the PRV a few times to be sure it's getting gas. Plus the line from that manifold leads into a splitter which feeds both kegs. 

HoosierBrew:
Think it's possibly filled a little higher than the other?   2 or 3 batches ago I filled a keg a little higher than I normally do, and it took forever to carbonate.  There needs to be a certain amount of headspace to carbonate accurately using the chart.  I sanitized a big metal ladle, dipped out some from the top of the keg, repurged andrepressurized, and it carbonated like normal.

morticaixavier:

--- Quote from: HoosierBrew on March 26, 2013, 12:04:25 PM ---Think it's possibly filled a little higher than the other?   2 or 3 batches ago I filled a keg a little higher than I normally do, and it took forever to carbonate.  There needs to be a certain amount of headspace to carbonate accurately using the chart.  I sanitized a big metal ladle, dipped out some from the top of the keg, repurged andrepressurized, and it carbonated like normal.

--- End quote ---

seems like it would have been easier to pour a pint from the tap no?  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version