General Category > Kegging and Bottling

carb prob with soda in keg

(1/1)

cwbrew:
did a 5 gal rootbeer extract kit by simply adding sugar, water, and extract. put it in keg 5 days ago at 50psi and still taste flat. only dropped psi to 30 to serve. i know this is prob high but i was just checkin carb level. i have no leaks and its the only keg running in the keezer right now. does anyone have any clue what i could be doin wrong? i need to fix asap kids are on me every hour about it... by thee way i have never had a prob with beer carbing up in this setup.

euge:
Shake the hell out of the keg at 50psi at 5 second intervals until it's right. Ought to do the trick.

tschmidlin:
What is the temperature?  It should be totally carbed by now, has the 50 psi been on it the whole time?

jdvisger123:
What Euge said... when its on its side, you should hear the CO2 bubbling into it. I left mine at 36 psi for a week or so and it was seriously foamy. I was only using 5 ft of beer line. The CO2 quickly left when the foam settled... just no enough line... ran a formula that said I should be using 20 ft... not going to happen.

cwbrew:
ill try too shake it some more at 50 psi hopefully it will work. the temp is at 37 deg. thanks for the feedback

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version