Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: recommended homebrew shops in CO.  (Read 2385 times)

Offline mnblues

• 1st Kit
recommended homebrew shops in CO.
« on: March 28, 2013, 08:50:03 am »
I have a brother in-law who recently moved to the Wheat ridge area near Denver. He is looking to get into the hobby. Do any of you front-range homebrewers have a homebrew shop that I could recommend to him? Thanks.

Offline gsandel

• Brewer
  • www.onbeer.blogspot.com
    • On Beer
Re: recommended homebrew shops in CO.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 09:02:42 am »
"Stomp Them Grapes" is near him at I-70/Pecos.
You wouldn't believe the things I've seen...

Offline GolfBum

• Assistant Brewer
  • Lakewood, CO
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 08:07:12 pm »
Do your brew is really close to Wheat Ridge in Westminster. Its near 88th and Wadsworth. it's a nice little shop that has everything you need.

My favorite place is The Brew Hut. it's out in Aurora, kinda far from Wheat Ridge. It's connected to Dry Dock Brewery, some really good beer. It also has everything and while you are shopping and getting your supplies you can drink beer.

Both of those are ones I frequent.

Offline tom

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Denver, CO
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 09:09:36 pm »
And the KROC homebrew club is in Broomield or the Hop, Barley and the Alers are in Boulder.
Brew on

Offline brewmasternpb

• Brewer
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 09:54:00 pm »
Stomp Them Grapes is a good place, and probably closest to him.   The biggest draw there is that it's around the corner from Crooked Stave!
Beer at Home is my lhbs, and they have locations in Englewood and Westminster...  IMO, they have a better malt selection than Stomp them Grapes.  They carry only White labs and dry yeast, while Stomp them Grapes carries mostly Wyeast, with a smattering of white labs and dried yeast.
The Brew Hut will be far away for him, but they have a great selection, and are attached to Dry Dock Brewery.
Hope that helps!
Dave Malone
The Greater Denver Yeast Infection

Offline thebigbaker

• Brewmaster
  • Denver, CO
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 10:01:48 pm »
Although not near Wheat Ridge, the best place is The Brew Hut! Everyone there is great and like mentioned above, they are connected to Dry Dock which is one of the best breweries in CO.  Of course, I live only a few minutes from Dry Dock/ Brew Hut so I'm a little biased.
Jeremy Baker

"An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You should never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Offline snowtiger87

• Brewer
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 02:11:51 pm »
The Brew Hut has a selection that rivals that of an online store. They are rarely out of anything, can fill CO2 tanks, and have great people. And, as already mentioned, it is attached to the Dry Dock so you can get  a tasty beer then shop around if you like.

If you interested in a local homebrew club check out www.kroc.org.
Brewing since 1989 - BJCP National Rank
Member of KROC and Foam on the Range

Fermenting: Double IPA
Conditioning: Saison du Potiron
On tap: Cider, Cream Ale, Bock, Rye Dunkel Doppelbock, Celebration Clone, Imperial Stout

Offline Iliff Ave

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 02:36:25 pm »
I agree that Brew Hut is awesome however if I lived in Wheat Ridge I would not be driving all the way down there. Beer at Home in Englewood used to be 5 minutes away and I would still drive to Aurora to go to the Brew Hut. I started going back the Beer at Home because the Brew Hut would get crazy busy.

I just moved to Golden and will start going to stomp them grapes.
On Tap/Bottled: IPL, Adjunct Vienna, Golden Stout, Honey Lager
Fermenting: IPA
Up Next: mexi lager, Germerican pale ale

Offline khillje

• Assistant Brewer
    • Twitter
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 03:40:09 pm »
I recommend Beer at Home (near 120th and Pecos).  There's a bunch of great and helpful guys there and they've got a large selection of whatever you'll need.  There are closer shops to Wheatridge, but I find Beer at Home to be the most inviting/helpful.  They'll often have brew demo days too, which might be a good place to start for your brother-in-law.