General Category > Pimp My System

1 BBL garage system with automation

<< < (6/13) > >>

bentwood:

--- Quote from: jimbo2 on April 02, 2013, 03:57:49 PM ---How much did all of that cost?

--- End quote ---

That is the one question I won't answer. Suffice it to say you could do it for less.

blatz:

--- Quote from: bentwood on April 02, 2013, 04:58:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: jimbo2 on April 02, 2013, 03:57:49 PM ---How much did all of that cost?

--- End quote ---

That is the one question I won't answer. Suffice it to say you could do it for less.

--- End quote ---

;D  my system isn't quite as elaborate as yours, and i cringe when even my nonbrewing friends say "damn, how much did all this cost?!"  at least its less than what most car guys spend on rebuilds!

bentwood:

--- Quote from: blatz on April 03, 2013, 06:38:25 AM ---
--- Quote from: bentwood on April 02, 2013, 04:58:24 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

;D  my system isn't quite as elaborate as yours, and i cringe when even my nonbrewing friends say "damn, how much did all this cost?!"  at least its less than what most car guys spend on rebuilds!

--- End quote ---

Lets put it this way, for what I paid for this system I could have had a professionally built STI boxer motor with all the bells. 1BBL brewing can be done for considerably less but when I'm done with this it will be fast, consistent and repeatable. Which is what I wanted.

bentwood:
I brewed a Red last weekend on the new set up and the brewing part was cake.  The heaters are touchy and you have watch the boil very closely but everything else was smooth and by the numbers.  My friend Jim loading grain into the tun.

Mostly finished the first brite beer tank today.  Cleaned, sanitized, figured out where all the bits went.  I'm still waiting on the clamps and a couple fittings but this is just about ready for the Red which I hope to transfer next weekend.  It's pretty cloudy yet and on a brewer friends advice I'm temperature crashing it today.  Fingers crossed.

bentwood:
So here's the result of batch number two.  A mostly trouble free batch and I would score the result at a 7, taking points for appearance as cooling issues led to some cloudiness and head retention isn't great.  Tastes great though :-)

The growlers are done finally.  I picked them up yesterday and have handed out a couple cases of samples so far with good feedback.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version