Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Fantastic Amazon Sale  (Read 2153 times)

Offline gymrat

• Brewmaster
  • Ralph's Brewery
Fantastic Amazon Sale
« on: April 04, 2013, 09:03:34 am »
Amazon.com has a one day only sale. "Star Trek: Original Motion Picture Collection (Star Trek I, II, III, IV, V, VI + The Captain's Summit Bonus Disc) [Blu-ray]" for $34.99. I think the DVD collection was $22. I have these movies in DVD but have wanted to upgrade to blu-ray for some time I just didn't want to spend $85 to do it. At this price they are less than $6 per movie for blu-ray.

Ralph's Brewery
Topeka, KS

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
Re: Fantastic Amazon Sale
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 09:10:11 am »
I too have the DVD collection but I'm not sure I need the Blurays but that is a great price.  Now if I could just get TNG and Voyager complete series at a price like this.

And yes, I like TNG and Voyager better that TOS.  (I know...tomatoes ready...fire)
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline gymrat

• Brewmaster
  • Ralph's Brewery
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 09:17:24 am »
I am all about the original series because I grew up with it. It is more of a nostalgia thing with me than anything else. TNG they got too much into makeup technical jargon for my taste. I loved Voyager. The first season of Enterprise was really good but it went downhill fast after that. I am currently working my way through DS9 on Netflix and liking it better now than I did when it first came out.
Ralph's Brewery
Topeka, KS

Offline theDarkSide

• Derry, NH
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 09:31:54 am »
Same here with TOS although it was reruns since I was born a year or two after the series went off the air.  I was just never one of those guys that could quote every line, episode, alien, etc from the show.

My 10 year old son and I are watching Voyager from the beginning ( currently in season 3 ) on Netflix and he loves it.  The Fair Haven episodes are some of my favorites from the series...who wouldn't want to live in an Irish village with a pub and no technology like smartphones, etc.

Enterprise was ok.  I've always like Scott Bakula as an actor, being a big Quantum Leap fan.
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 10:51:42 pm »
Tom Schmidlin

Offline gymrat

• Brewmaster
  • Ralph's Brewery
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 07:57:38 am »
My email gave it to me as a gold box deal. I figured it was that price for everybody. It was a one day only sale. Last time I got a deal like that in my email it was for all 4 of the Alien movies in blu-ray for $29.99. I waited until I got home from work to order and by that time the sale was over. So this time I ordered immediately.
Ralph's Brewery
Topeka, KS

Offline theDarkSide

• Derry, NH
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 08:12:26 am »
Yeah, I'm assuming they had a run on them since it the price is higher and it is now a 11-14 day wait for them.
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo

Offline gymrat

• Brewmaster
  • Ralph's Brewery
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 08:19:31 am »
The sale did say one day only or while supplies last. They probably set the price back where it was as soon as they ran out of stock. The following is from the email I got

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Customers who have shown an interest in similar titles might like to know "Star Trek: Original Motion Picture Collection" is the featured Deal of the Day at Amazon.com. This offer is valid today only, April 4, 2013, and while supplies last.

Save up to 59% on the list price of the "Star Trek: Original Motion Picture Collection" on DVD and Blu-ray in our Deal of the Day.
Ralph's Brewery
Topeka, KS

Offline gymrat

• Brewmaster
  • Ralph's Brewery
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 01:29:26 pm »
This showed up in my mail today. I just ordered it the day before yesterday. I didn't expect it until at least Tuesday.
Ralph's Brewery
Topeka, KS