General Category > All Grain Brewing

Extreme Efficiency Boost!

<< < (3/3)

kgs:
Are you absolutely sure you weighed out your grain correctly -- didn't lose your train of thought and add another pound?

Wort-H.O.G.:

--- Quote from: klickitat jim on April 04, 2013, 08:01:45 AM ---If the little chart inside the glass gets moved it will be off.

"Freedom is temporary unless you are also Brave!" - Patriot

--- End quote ---

i have 3 hydrometers..2 read .02 high, and one reads accurate (checking calibration using distilled water). paper seems silly.. annoying at the very least.

fmader:

--- Quote from: kgs on April 04, 2013, 09:02:56 AM ---Are you absolutely sure you weighed out your grain correctly -- didn't lose your train of thought and add another pound?

--- End quote ---

No lol....I didn't weigh them out. My uncle did. I asked him about it afterwards. He assured me that it was 11 pounds on the nose. I got there as he started weighing the caramels...they were on.

I am going to double check the hydrometer again...or have him do it. All of my equipment and supplies are at his place. That's where we do our brewing...Just more room.

I won't be doing any brewing until May. I'm trying to finish up grad school this month. But when I do, I am going to use the same grain bill and make another APA with a different hop combination. Thanks for all of the two cents!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version