General Category > All Grain Brewing

First Lagers

<< < (2/4) > >>

klickitat jim:
If I go thru two 5 gallon kegs in two weeks, I'd say its good to go.

"Freedom is temporary unless you are also Brave!" - Patriot

ynotbrusum:
Been there, done that.  With enough friends, anything is possible.  Man does my crew love lagers.

AmandaK:

--- Quote from: ynotbrusum on April 03, 2013, 04:36:17 AM ---Been there, done that.  With enough friends, anything is possible.  Man does my crew love lagers.

--- End quote ---

Yep. That's how I blew through my most recent Munich Dunkel. I had to pull some bottles off the keg for comp purposes just so we wouldn't drink every last drop. Which means that the Maibock that I had intended on lagering until May is on tap right now... this is dangerous.

But Jim, sounds like you have a good plan.

theDarkSide:

--- Quote from: AmandaK on April 03, 2013, 05:16:25 AM --- Which means that the Maibock that I had intended on lagering until May is on tap right now... this is dangerous.

--- End quote ---

That's ok...you're just following the trend of all those commercial brewers out there.  Octoberfest and Harvest Ales in July, Summer Ales in March, Maibock in April... ;D

I love lagers...have a German Pils and Munich Helles on tap right now.  Hope to get a Czech Pils and Schwarzbier done this year, along with Marzen in July (brewed in July not on tap  ;) )

hopfenundmalz:
Jim, lagers can be very rewarding after the wait. Once you have some success, they will be part of your brewing rotation. You might need more kegs, if you keg.

We have done a Landbier, Helles, German Pils, CAP, Vienna, and a sort of clone of Quiannanon Falls lager by Bells (like a Pils but with American hop like Crystal). Have a Czech Pils planned.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version