General Category > Kegging and Bottling

Kegerator Issues - Dump Cup!

(1/3) > >>

blatz:
Hey all

If a tap hasn't been pulled in about an hour or so, i generally have to dump a few ounces into a cup before pouring into my glass as the beer has sat in the line in a warm tower  and gets an unpleasant/off aroma and flavor.  I basically pour into the dump cup until the glug of foam stops and regular beer flows. Does anyone else do this?

I'm getting pretty tired of if (after 5 years LOL) as it wastes a lot of beer over the life of a keg.  Eventually I will be getting a new kegerator with a chilled tower, but for now, is it worth it to install the whole computer fan contraption?  I don't have ANY space left inside the kegerator - its pretty filled to the max.

I've changed lines several times and it doesn't seem to help things at all and I am vigilant about using BLC and sanitizer in between kegs. 

Do I have a unique issue or does everyone with an uncooled tower kegerator have this issue?

HoosierBrew:

--- Quote from: blatz on April 03, 2013, 07:19:17 AM ---Hey all

If a tap hasn't been pulled in about an hour or so, i generally have to dump a few ounces into a cup before pouring into my glass as the beer has sat in the line in a warm tower  and gets an unpleasant/off aroma and flavor.  I basically pour into the dump cup until the glug of foam stops and regular beer flows. Does anyone else do this?
Yes, my tower is uncooled as well. It's frustrating to have to dump a few ounces each day. I'm pretty OCD about sanitation as well.

I'm getting pretty tired of if (after 5 years LOL) as it wastes a lot of beer over the life of a keg.  Eventually I will be getting a new kegerator with a chilled tower, but for now, is it worth it to install the whole computer fan contraption?  I don't have ANY space left inside the kegerator - its pretty filled to the max.

I've changed lines several times and it doesn't seem to help things at all and I am vigilant about using BLC and sanitizer in between kegs. 

Do I have a unique issue or does everyone with an uncooled tower kegerator have this issue?

--- End quote ---

HoosierBrew:
Yes, my tower is uncooled as well.  Frustrating to have to dump the beer in the lines. I have changed the lines too, and I am crazy about sanitation.

Jimmy K:
You can get some tiny computer fans and you wouldn't need much circulation. You might be able to pull one out of a junk laptop.

HydraulicSammich:
Computer fans are okay to circulate air around but they will not pump air up the tower.  To eliminate this go to MicroMatic.com and check out their fans.  I use one in my chest kegerator, plastic plumbed to pump cold low air up and over the lines and directly over the shanks.  Cost me a hundred bucks but I have solved my problem.  Cheers!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version