Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: 2013 AHA Governing Committee election results  (Read 6515 times)

Offline jkeeler

• Cellarman
    • BSG
2013 AHA Governing Committee election results
« on: April 02, 2013, 09:43:28 am »
Howdy everyone,

As the AHA Governing Committee Chairperson I'm happy to announce the results of the AHAGC 2013 elections.  There were 2 open spots this year, and 7 candidates running for election. This was a very strong group of AHA members, with qualities ranging from extensive BJCP experience, committee and non-profit experience, club organizing and leadership, and of course a myriad of other traits including the brewing of great beer!

Fred Bonjour - incumbent
Justing Crossley - incumbent
Steve Cook
Matt Johnson
Bruce Buerger
Chris Hummert
Martin Brungard

The election process ended on March 30th, with votes being tallied and verfied on April 1st.  Only current AHA members were allowed to vote.  The election process, and the candidates' respective platforms were disseminated through email to members, on this website, in Zymurgy, through all AHA social media channels and on-air thanks to the Brewing Network which brought each candidate on and gave them a chance to speak to their position, candidacy, and qualities.

Voter "turn out" was the strongest ever at 1423 votes, a 31% increase from last year, setting a new record. However, we would like to see voter participation increase and will make every effort to accomplsh this in 2014, when we will have 8 open seats!

After all votes were tallied, here are the two candidates that will be serving:

Fred Bonjour
Justin Crossley

I"m looking forward to working with both of these individuals yet again over the next 3 years.  They have been valued and integral members of the AHAGC thus far, and I expect them to continue their hard work.

To everyone who ran, who has ever run, or has ever thought about running...please do!
Getting involved is the single best way you can help the AHA deal with the enormous challenges it will face in the coming years. 

To see the existing AHAGC, and the respective sub committees please visit this page: http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/pages/membership/aha-governing-committee

More about the results from the AHA:
http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/pages/community/news/show?title=2013-governing-committee-election-results

Congrats to Fred and Justin, and thank you to all the candidates and AHA members that voted.
Cheers!

Jake Keeler
Chairperson - AHA Governing Committee

Better then a dull stick in the eye

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
Re: 2013 AHA Governing Committee election results
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 09:53:10 am »
Congrats Fred and Justin!!!
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 11:20:23 am »
Great to have Fred and Justin back on the GC.  We had a bunch of great candidates for the 2 open slots this year.  There will be many more openings next year, though, so to the candidates who didn't make it, please try again.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline mmitchem

• Brewer
  • Suffolk, VA
    • http://www.barfclub.org
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 11:44:34 am »
Awesome stuff. Two hard working guys back on the GC. Great news, thanks Jake!
Michael P Mitchem
Beer and Ale Research Foundation (B.A.R.F.)
AHA Member since 2011

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 12:16:42 pm »
Congratulations to the winners!!!

Thank you to all who were willing to run.

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline Mark G

• Brewmaster
  • Huntley, IL
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 07:40:37 am »
It was an exceptionally strong candidate pool this year. I hope they all run again next year. Congrats to the winners.
Mark Gres

Offline joe_feist

• Assistant Brewer
  • Grand Rapids, MI
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 10:20:59 am »
Congratulations, guys.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 10:41:00 am »
Congrats to Fred and Justin, glad to see you guys back on the GC. 

Also, a great big thank you goes out to Martin, Bruce, Steve, Chris and Matt for all of your hard work toward running in this year's election, and hope to see you guys back for next year.

It's quite an effort to run for GC as I've found out first hand.  I commend all of you, and give all of you guys credit for taking on this task/effort.  Don't let this years results sway you from running again next year, as we had a great slate of candidates this year.

Thanks again gentlemen. :)

Ron Price