Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Bottling from a keg  (Read 6030 times)

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
Re: Bottling from a keg
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2013, 11:33:20 am »
Having used the Foxx and the More Beer CPF....go for the More Beer. The 3 way valve makes it WAY easy to operate. I have also used the Blichmann and my feeling is with all of the above....they are a pain to sanitize and clean and they are expensive for how often they get used.

I now go for the bottling wand and rubber bung method.  Easy to use, easy to clean, cheap.
I can field strip and clean the beer gun fairly quickly now, after some practice.

Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline Jeff M

• Brewmaster
  • Currently upgrading to Brewery 3.0
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2013, 11:35:40 am »
Having used the Foxx and the More Beer CPF....go for the More Beer. The 3 way valve makes it WAY easy to operate. I have also used the Blichmann and my feeling is with all of the above....they are a pain to sanitize and clean and they are expensive for how often they get used.

I now go for the bottling wand and rubber bung method.  Easy to use, easy to clean, cheap.
I can field strip and clean the beer gun fairly quickly now, after some practice.

Can you do it with bottle bombs blowing around you?;)
Granite Coast Brewing Company.
Building a clone of The Electric Brewery to use as a pilot system for new recipes!

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2013, 12:56:02 pm »

All is quiet in the cellar.

Can you do it with bottle bombs blowing around you?;)
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline corkybstewart

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2013, 02:22:54 pm »
The last time I used my morebeer CPF my wife and I got more beer on the ceiling than in the bottles, a week later she bought me a Beergun and I love it.  If I'm bottling something to take to a party I'll just use a tube  on my tap, but if I want to bottle a bunch of beers or to store long term I'll use the beergun.
Life is wonderful in sunny White Signal New Mexico

Offline jeffy

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Tampa, Fl
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2013, 03:39:46 pm »
The last time I used my morebeer CPF my wife and I got more beer on the ceiling than in the bottles, a week later she bought me a Beergun and I love it.  If I'm bottling something to take to a party I'll just use a tube  on my tap, but if I want to bottle a bunch of beers or to store long term I'll use the beergun.

Same here.  For competitions I use my beer gun.  For immediate use I use the tap.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995