Other than Brewing > All Things Food

Avocados

<< < (2/5) > >>

tschmidlin:
Jeff, I thought they didn't start ripening on the tree, only after you pick them?  That's what I'd heard anyway.  Not like I can grow avos here.

Guac is great, we also throw them in a salad which means it goes with any dinner, no planning required - just give them a squeeze and if they're soft, put one in the salad. :)

jeffy:

--- Quote from: tschmidlin on April 07, 2013, 12:30:21 PM ---Jeff, I thought they didn't start ripening on the tree, only after you pick them?  That's what I'd heard anyway.  Not like I can grow avos here.

Guac is great, we also throw them in a salad which means it goes with any dinner, no planning required - just give them a squeeze and if they're soft, put one in the salad. :)

--- End quote ---
I seem to remember from last year that they would get soft on the tree. 
I hate it when some critter gets a taste before I do.

tschmidlin:

--- Quote from: jeffy on April 07, 2013, 12:37:57 PM ---
--- Quote from: tschmidlin on April 07, 2013, 12:30:21 PM ---Jeff, I thought they didn't start ripening on the tree, only after you pick them?  That's what I'd heard anyway.  Not like I can grow avos here.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Do you just give them away?

jeffy:

--- Quote from: tschmidlin on April 07, 2013, 12:40:27 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

No, they are mine.  All mine.  BWAHAHA!
Birds and squirrels and possums and probably raccoons live around here.  Trouble is they just take a few bites and then decide to leave them on the ground.  I hate that.

tschmidlin:

--- Quote from: jeffy on April 07, 2013, 01:58:04 PM ---
--- Quote from: tschmidlin on April 07, 2013, 12:40:27 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

No, they are mine.  All mine.  BWAHAHA!
Birds and squirrels and possums and probably raccoons live around here.  Trouble is they just take a few bites and then decide to leave them on the ground.  I hate that.

--- End quote ---
The birds do the same to our apples and cherries, the little bastards.  I was just wondering if you gave some away before they rotted :)  We keep offering extra apples to the neighbors, but apples in WA aren't hard to come by.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version