General Category > Yeast and Fermentation

Interesting Split-Batch Belgian

<< < (2/2)

erockrph:

--- Quote from: Joe Sr. on April 08, 2013, 07:16:25 AM ---I'm also thinking I need to buy a bunch of blondes and do a tasting.  To calibrate my palate, of course.

--- End quote ---

A blonde tasting? Where do I sign up for that?  ;D

Wort-H.O.G.:

--- Quote from: erockrph on April 08, 2013, 07:44:19 AM ---
--- Quote from: Joe Sr. on April 08, 2013, 07:16:25 AM ---I'm also thinking I need to buy a bunch of blondes and do a tasting.  To calibrate my palate, of course.

--- End quote ---

A blonde tasting? Where do I sign up for that?  ;D

--- End quote ---

At a Belgian Blond Carnival, of course ;D

a10t2:

--- Quote from: Joe Sr. on April 08, 2013, 07:16:25 AM ---Which one do you prefer?  I've recently kegged a blonde using 3522, but haven't had a chance to really try it out.
--- End quote ---

I definitely prefer the 3864, but it isn't really a fair comparison because of the large discrepancy in FG. The 3522 is a little less phenolic, and the ester profile is a little one-dimensional with the banana where the 3864 has a nice fruity mix. Actually, the grist isn't too far off from a hefeweizen, and the 3522 batch tastes surprisingly close to one.

Joe Sr.:
Good to know.  I have some 3864 (both cultured from a bottle and a smack pack) so perhaps that will be my next run at this style.

I've been going all pils with a touch of aromatic for my grist.  No wheat.  The beers have all been a bit thin, but I mashed higher on the last one which hopefully helped.  One of these days I'll change kegs and put it on tap.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version