Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Fruit Saison help  (Read 1735 times)

Offline chadchaney97

• Cellarman
Fruit Saison help
« on: April 20, 2013, 03:56:56 pm »
I have a Saison that I spiked with Brett C and then added Saturn Peaches too. the peaches have been in for 6 months and the samples are amazing! It has a nice pellice on top right now which I am not worried about, but between the yeast/trub layer on the bottom, I have a weird layer of what I can only assume is fruit flesh/residue. This is a split batch, so the carboy is only a little less than half filled, and I want to bottle this. What is the best way to settle this fruit out so I can rack a clean beer? I have the ability to cold crash, have some gelatin, have some isinglass, etc. Can anyone help me out?

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
Re: Fruit Saison help
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 05:20:14 am »
I'd probably try doing this in 2 steps. Rack once with a screen or nylon stocking over the end of your siphon or racking cane to keep the largest pieces out of your secondary vessel. Once in the second vessel, use your fining agent of choice and cold crash.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
Re: Fruit Saison help
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 04:13:36 pm »
If you use a nylon bag over the end of the racking can you should be able to rack off the fruit without much or any fruit content coming over. I would try racking directly to a bottling bucket and seeing how much fruit solids come over. If it's bad, then I would cold crash in the bucket. Otherwise just bottle as is.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing