General Category > Beer Recipes

Hibiscus Gose

<< < (3/5) > >>

troybinso:
That looks great. I have been thinking about doing something like this with hibiscus.

In my plan I split my batch up a few different ways, and add stuff like hibiscus and different fruits post boil. I am getting a little hung up on the hibiscus, though. I suppose I could just make a strong tea and add it post-boil.

duboman:

--- Quote from: troybinso on May 24, 2013, 07:27:15 AM ---That looks great. I have been thinking about doing something like this with hibiscus.

In my plan I split my batch up a few different ways, and add stuff like hibiscus and different fruits post boil. I am getting a little hung up on the hibiscus, though. I suppose I could just make a strong tea and add it post-boil.

--- End quote ---

If you plan on splitting the wort into separate beers then yes, make the tea and add it.

pmcint01:
When do you add the hops?

Thanks

morticaixavier:

--- Quote from: pmcint01 on March 14, 2014, 01:22:27 PM ---When do you add the hops?

Thanks

--- End quote ---

I would guess at either 90 or 60 minutes left in the boil. they are really only there as a preservative and mild source of bitterness.

duboman:
My recipe only has one bitter charge and its at the 60 minute mark for IIRC about 20 IBU and the hibiscus goes in with 10 minutes left in the boil

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version