General Category > Beer Recipes

Hibiscus Gose

<< < (2/5) > >>

kylekohlmorgen:
That color is AWESOME! All from the flowers?

morticaixavier:
looks to be just over 2 grams/gallon

hoser:

--- Quote from: morticaixavier on May 23, 2013, 01:11:02 PM ---looks to be just over 2 grams/gallon

--- End quote ---

The reason I wonder is because on his original recipe development thread there was a question about the salt addition amount in one the recipes in the Wheat book by Stan.  I believe there was an error and Stan provided duboman with the corrected amount per gallon. But that original thread seems to have disappeared or been eaten by forum gremlins?

I love the color hibiscus provides to beer!

duboman:
Stan did provide the numbers for the salt and I did use 20 grams for the 6.25 gallon batch or 3.2 grams per gallon roughly.

Yes, the color is amazing and it is all from the Hibiscus flowers! When it went to primary it looked like pink lemonade. It has mellowed a bit now and that picture is pretty true still. I must say I am totally pleased with the way this beer turned out. It has amazing floral aroma and taste and is sour just enough with a balance of the salt. I keep drinking it trying to find something that could improve it but after each glass I come up with nothing:) Getting set to brew it again next month!

duboman:

--- Quote from: hoser on May 23, 2013, 01:21:59 PM ---
--- Quote from: morticaixavier on May 23, 2013, 01:11:02 PM ---looks to be just over 2 grams/gallon

--- End quote ---

The reason I wonder is because on his original recipe development thread there was a question about the salt addition amount in one the recipes in the Wheat book by Stan.  I believe there was an error and Stan provided duboman with the corrected amount per gallon. But that original thread seems to have disappeared or been eaten by forum gremlins?

I love the color hibiscus provides to beer!

Yes, somehow the original thread was consumed by beer gremlins in cyber-space as I can no longer locate it either ???

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version