General Category > Going Pro

BROP software for a 1bbl brewery

<< < (2/2)

Thirsty_Monk:
Thank you.

kylekohlmorgen:
$4000/year?

I guess it depends on your size, but I feel like a fairly small brewery might put this cash to better use on a bright tank or more hops.

nateo:

--- Quote from: kylekohlmorgen on April 16, 2013, 04:22:31 AM ---$4000/year?

I guess it depends on your size, but I feel like a fairly small brewery might put this cash to better use on a bright tank or more hops.

--- End quote ---

Excel can do everything you need, if you have a strong grasp of accounting. The more heavy-lifting a program does, the less knowledge you need. You really, really need to keep close track of your finances if you're a small brewery on a tight budget. I'd say if you really have no idea how accounting is done in manufacturing, Orchestrated Beer is worth the money.

micsager:

--- Quote from: nateo on April 16, 2013, 06:17:35 AM ---
--- Quote from: kylekohlmorgen on April 16, 2013, 04:22:31 AM ---$4000/year?

--- End quote ---

Excel can do everything you need, if you have a strong grasp of accounting. The more heavy-lifting a program does, the less knowledge you need. You really, really need to keep close track of your finances if you're a small brewery on a tight budget. I'd say if you really have no idea how accounting is done in manufacturing, Orchestrated Beer is worth the money.

--- End quote ---

But, one must be fairly proficient in excel.  I do OK, but certainly not well enough to suit my needs.  One reason I was hoping someone would share a spreadsheet they ahve created.  I have some friends int he accounting department at work, and two guys seem very willing to help.  Of course it will cost me a couple growlers.  But really, that's a good deal.  They are coming over this weekend, to take my haphazard spreadsheets, and turn them into one cohesive product. 

I love brewing beer, and I love it when a complete strangers orders a second of the beer we brew.  But, the business side of this is not for me.  Probably why we will never grow past our 1bbl system. 

nateo:
I could help you out with spreadsheets as well, if you need more help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version