General Category > Beer Travel

2 Nights in San Diego

(1/3) > >>

blatz:
Will be in San Diego on Monday and Tuesday, staying at the Omni on L street.

Any recs for bars, restaurant and maybe a brewery tour?

goschman:
San Diego Beer Co - 6th and Broadway - relatively new and very good in my opinion

Mission Brewery - 14th and L - I personally wasn't impressed with the beer but the place was great

Monkey Paw - 16th and F - I wasn't there very long but really liked it. Pretty small and I don't think a tour would be worth it. I think they had some really good guest taps as well and have done some collabs with stone.

Coronado Brewing - I think they have a brand new tap room but I am not sure where it is

kylekohlmorgen:
I think the White Labs Tasting Room is a must for a homebrewer:

http://whitelabs.com/white-labs-tasting-room

Alewyfe:
Check out Hess Brewing. They're making a lot of headlines. Just got awarded San Diego's best Brewery in some contest I read about. The brewer (Nate) from Rogue's Eugene location was headhunted to build their new brewery (30bbl I believe) They started with a Nano and are reported to be doing good things. They've got a pretty entertaining blog on their Nano start up that goes back to the beginning if you're curious about them.

denny:

--- Quote from: Alewyfe on April 12, 2013, 10:46:48 AM ---Check out Hess Brewing. They're making a lot of headlines. Just got awarded San Diego's best Brewery in some contest I read about. The brewer (Nate) from Rogue's Eugene location was headhunted to build their new brewery (30bbl I believe) They started with a Nano and are reported to be doing good things. They've got a pretty entertaining blog on their Nano start up that goes back to the beginning if you're curious about them.

--- End quote ---

Paul, if you go there and see Nate, tell him I said to get a haircut!  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version