Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Deschutes River Ale  (Read 1737 times)

Offline Iliff Ave

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Deschutes River Ale
« on: April 15, 2013, 04:26:20 pm »
Just got around to picking this up recently. I thought was a pretty good session beer at only 4% abv. I assume most may not want to pay for normal prices for 4% beer but I like it on occassion when I will be drinking for long periods.

The flavor profile reminds me very much of Mirror Pond. I get a very distinct flavor from these two beers that I don't get from their others. Maybe I haven't have enough of their beers recently... The malt profile seems delicate with a very clean taste. I would call it more hop forward due to the light body and lack of malt character. At 28 IBUs, Cascade hops seem to be the dominant force although Nugget and Liberty are also listed in the ingredients. Anyway, I am not much a review writer but I thought this is a pretty good session/summer type beer.

Does anyone know which yeast strain Deschutes uses for most of their beers? It is listed as English Ale so I assume WLP002/007?
On Tap/Bottled: IPL, Adjunct Vienna, Golden Stout, Honey Lager
Fermenting: IPA
Up Next: mexi lager, Germerican pale ale

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
Re: Deschutes River Ale
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 04:39:29 pm »
I heard they use Wyeast ringwood for most of their brews. Not certain on that one though

"Freedom is temporary unless you are also Brave!" - Patriot