General Category > Going Pro

What Am I Missing in This Artcle?

<< < (2/7) > >>

klickitat jim:
If so we will all be brewing on used commercial gear before long

"Freedom is temporary unless you are also Brave!" - Patriot

anthony:

--- Quote from: nateo on April 15, 2013, 07:32:18 PM ---That's probably not a typo. All the cool kids are starting severely under-capitalized breweries.

I wonder if all these new "pro" brewers will siphon off business from properly run breweries, ruining not just their own business, but several others as well. Hopefully they'll go under quickly enough that the good breweries who deserve the business can stay afloat.

--- End quote ---

Sounds like you've been talking to Larry Bell or Kim Jordan or Jim Koch about their worst fears regarding this "boom".

Alewyfe:
Their success will be directly proportional to the number of great friends they have that are happy to drink their crappy beer once they actually start charging for it.

phunhog:

--- Quote from: nateo on April 15, 2013, 07:32:18 PM ---That's probably not a typo. All the cool kids are starting severely under-capitalized breweries.

I wonder if all these new "pro" brewers will siphon off business from properly run breweries, ruining not just their own business, but several others as well. Hopefully they'll go under quickly enough that the good breweries who deserve the business can stay afloat.

--- End quote ---

I don't know if the crappy breweries will necessarily hurt the good breweries. Craft beer is here to stay. It may not grow as fast as it has been but it ain't going away either.  If someone experiences crappy beer at a local brewery I seriously doubt they will swear off beer all together. If anything they will gravitate towards the better breweries and the problem will work itself out.  I do agree that a lot of new breweries are under capitalized.  One just went under in my area. Although I am hesitant to call it a "brewery" since their beers were contract brewed 100 miles away. In the end it just didn't pay the bills to make it worthwhile. Too bad, because even though it was brewed on contract, the beer was pretty good.

kylekohlmorgen:

--- Quote from: majorvices on April 15, 2013, 07:11:41 PM ---You guys scoff, but it can be done. Assuming magic elves will be involved.

--- End quote ---

Had an old boss that used to start these conversations with:

"Well, if I had enough midgets and buckets..."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version