General Category > Ingredients

Christmas Beer

<< < (2/5) > >>

hschofi:

--- Quote from: erockrph on April 18, 2013, 10:41:51 AM ---
--- Quote from: denny on April 18, 2013, 10:28:16 AM ---Before you make a peppermint beer, try drinking a beer after you brush your teeth.  Then tell me if it's a good idea!  ;)

--- End quote ---

While I too have no interest in mint beer, it's actually some of the other additives in toothpaste aside from the mint that lead to the nastiness when you drink certain beverages after brushing your teeth. That's why Mojitos aren't gross, but toothpaste plus citrus juice is vile.

A better idea would be to swirl a candy cane in a base beer similar to the one you are considering for your Xmas brew. I still don't hold high hopes for the combo, but that will paint a more accurate picture.

--- End quote ---

Great idea, Im going to try it with a few different styles over the next few months and see what I find..

HoosierBrew:
I wouldn't brew with it, but gotta say, I tried the Stone Imperial Chocolate Mint Stout and it wasn't horrible.  The mint was pretty well in the background.  Any more mint than that would be a really bad idea IMO.

hschofi:

--- Quote from: HoosierBrew on April 18, 2013, 10:50:26 AM ---I wouldn't brew with it, but gotta say, I tried the Stone Imperial Chocolate Mint Stout and it wasn't horrible.  The mint was pretty well in the background.  Any more mint than that would be a really bad idea IMO.

--- End quote ---

Im gonna have to go pick that up if I can find it.. I have 2 great Beer Stores that carry hundreds of specialty and Craft Brews and  Tap house that has over 100 beers on tap.. So someone is bound to have it..

klickitat jim:
Some flavors are not for beer IMO. Such as oysters or foie gras. I fear mint may be in the top twenty

"Freedom is temporary unless you are also Brave!" - Patriot

HoosierBrew:
I totally agree.  If it weren't a Stone beer, I wouldn't have even tried it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version