Author Topic: New Bio: Gary Dubofsky  (Read 3018 times)

Online duboman

• Brewmaster
    • View Profile
New Bio: Gary Dubofsky
« on: April 16, 2013, 01:47:41 PM »

Gary Dubofsky
Glenview, IL
Club: The IBU's
Homebrewing since 2010-officially-dabbled prior back in the day.........
Became an AHA member about the same time
Favorite styles are Pales, Belgians and Wheats, both American and German
First Beer Brewed: Midwest Supplies "Black Dog Ale" Turned out surprisingly well and very drinkable but never brewed again
There really is no style I won't brew but I am not a fan of stouts, lambics or Barleywines
My favorite recipes are mostly wheats. I really like the challenge of making a simple beer great and wheat can pose a little challenge to get just right
I brew on a 3 tier gravity system churning out 6 gallon batches and brew outside all year
I generally brew twice per month
I really like Maris Otter and am a big fan of WY1968 for most of my Pales and IPAs
Big fan of Noble hops for most beers and the obvious "c"s for my American styles
My two favorite creations to date are "Andi's a Peach Wheat" and "Addie's Ale"-these took many trials but are finally perfect (at least we all think so)
My most unusual beer to date is my first Gose with Hibiscus flowers but I haven't tasted it yet so this could also become my first brewing disaster ;D

Thanks for letting me share, I love brewing and just about everything beer related and love this forum and all the knowledge out there!

Cheers!
Peace....Love......Beer......

The Commune Brewing Company-Perfecting the craft of beer since 2010

Offline corkybstewart

• Senior Brewmaster
    • View Profile
Re: New Bio: Gary Dubofsky
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 10:06:36 PM »

Gary Dubofsky
Glenview, IL
Club: The IBU's
Homebrewing since 2010-officially-dabbled prior back in the day.........
Became an AHA member about the same time
Favorite styles are Pales, Belgians and Wheats, both American and German
First Beer Brewed: Midwest Supplies "Black Dog Ale" Turned out surprisingly well and very drinkable but never brewed again
There really is no style I won't brew but I am not a fan of stouts, lambics or Barleywines
My favorite recipes are mostly wheats. I really like the challenge of making a simple beer great and wheat can pose a little challenge to get just right
I brew on a 3 tier gravity system churning out 6 gallon batches and brew outside all year
I generally brew twice per month
I really like Maris Otter and am a big fan of WY1968 for most of my Pales and IPAs
Big fan of Noble hops for most beers and the obvious "c"s for my American styles
My two favorite creations to date are "Andi's a Peach Wheat" and "Addie's Ale"-these took many trials but are finally perfect (at least we all think so)
My most unusual beer to date is my first Gose with Hibiscus flowers but I haven't tasted it yet so this could also become my first brewing disaster ;D

Thanks for letting me share, I love brewing and just about everything beer related and love this forum and all the knowledge out there!

Cheers!
Welcome to the obsession.  I also love the wheat beers, but I've gotten into rye bers lately.  They are also excellent with Noble hops.  One of my favorite combos is Perle for bittering and Tettnanger or Hallertau for later additions
I'd really just rather be brewing in sunny Carlsbad New Mexico

Offline bluesman

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Delaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 03:35:36 AM »
Welcome to the AHA forum Gary.

Is that Crescent City in New Orleans (riverfront) in the background?
Ron Price

Online duboman

• Brewmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 04:52:43 AM »

It is! The picture is a few years old, the hair is a lot shorter and a lot grayer these days LOL!! One of my favorite cities!
Peace....Love......Beer......

The Commune Brewing Company-Perfecting the craft of beer since 2010

Offline jeffy

• Brewmaster General
  • Tampa, Fl
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 10:18:17 AM »

It is! The picture is a few years old, the hair is a lot shorter and a lot grayer these days LOL!! One of my favorite cities!
Same here (both the hair and the city). 
I recognized it when you first posted on the forum.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995