Author Topic: Brewer Bio: James Carlyle  (Read 2260 times)

Offline jamescarlyle

• 1st Kit
    • View Profile
Brewer Bio: James Carlyle
« on: April 18, 2013, 03:43:52 PM »

Brewer:James Carlyle
Home Town: Katy, TX
Homebrew Club: Cane Island Alers (CIA)
I've been a homebrewer since:2011
Do you have a homebrewing disaster you'd like to share?I unfortunately spilled half of my grain bill all over my driveway during my first all grain brew! :(
What is your favorite style(s) to brew? IPA/Pale Ale
What style(s) will you never brew?Lambics
What was the first beer you ever brewed?  How did it turn out?  Extract Pale ale recipe i got from a local homebrew shop.  I was actually quite surprised on how well it turned out! 8)
Have you ever had a homebrew mistake that turned out great?
What is your favorite beer recipe? My DIPA which has become a crowd favorite
Are you a BJCP Judge?  If so, what is your rank and how long have you been judging? not yet
Do you have a favorite homebrew trick or gadget that you've found to make your beer better/brewing easier, etc? I use a 24" stainless steel whisk as my mash paddle.  works great for making sure all of my grains are mixed with my strike and sparge water for mashing.  also aerates pretty well too!
Describe your brew system. Single 10gal boil kettle and 10 gal cooler Mash tun and thermonator.
How frequently do you brew (times/month or /year)? at least twice a month or right up to my states legal limit!  ;)
What's the most unusual ingredient you've ever used in a brew?Dried wormwood....dont ask!
Do you brew alone, with friends or with someone you live with?I tend to brew with a bunch of buddies from my club and i do demos at my LHBS.
Are you an indoor or outdoor brewer? Outdoor
List some of the names you've given your beers. Which is your favorite? Busta Hop In Yo Glass-DIPA