Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Another reason to be a homebrewer  (Read 2958 times)

Offline ccfoo242

• Brewmaster
  • I drank what? - Socrates
Another reason to be a homebrewer
« on: April 19, 2013, 03:04:03 pm »

Source

Hang in there people of Boston!
Intra cervisiam est deus.

Offline weithman5

• Senior Brewmaster
  • naperville, il
Re: Another reason to be a homebrewer
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 04:06:10 pm »
that rocks
Don AHA member

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 04:45:22 pm »
+1.  Well said.
Jon H.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 07:51:04 pm »
Hear hear!

"Freedom is temporary unless you are also Brave!" - Patriot

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 06:40:14 am »
I am glad they took him alive.  Now they can beat some answers out of him.  It's was really strange seeing the scenes from the bombing site, since I worked down in that area for 6 years and walked up and down those streets several times.

Massachusetts is having a moment of silence at 2:50pm EDT today, and all the church bells in Boston are going to ring in memory of those who lost their lives and those injured in the blast.  Gov. Hassan has asked everyone in NH to do the same at 2:50pm.
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline ccfoo242

• Brewmaster
  • I drank what? - Socrates
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 07:04:37 am »
Last I checked, this wasn't an episode of 24. No beatings needed. So many people this week were worrying this would somehow degrade their 2nd amendment rights but it seems they don't care about the 5th amendment protections that are slowly being chipped away. The way I see it, once you are in custody you won't have your gun so all you have at that point is the 5th amendment.

And before any of you reply, take a deep breath. I'm not defending the guy but in the words of Thomas Paine:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."
Intra cervisiam est deus.

Offline nateo

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 08:56:02 am »
No one ever thinks they'll be wrongly imprisoned. I don't really get what we're defending if we're willing to throw away our constitutional rights and habeas corpus.

Since the cops/FBI/CIA/etc. are humans, and humans make mistakes, catching and torturing the wrong guy has happened, and will continue to happen, as long as we allow torture and deny the rule of law.

Last I checked, this wasn't an episode of 24. No beatings needed. So many people this week were worrying this would somehow degrade their 2nd amendment rights but it seems they don't care about the 5th amendment protections that are slowly being chipped away. The way I see it, once you are in custody you won't have your gun so all you have at that point is the 5th amendment.
In der Kürze liegt die Würze.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 03:23:18 pm »
First off we need to make sure he is all healed up and healthy. Then we torture him. ;)

Actually I don't see how we will get much useful info out of him as it was an amateur effort at terrorism despite being pulled off quite successfully.

Now that being said lets not veer too far off of the beer subject as polyticks are bad juju for a forum of this nature.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline punatic

• Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 03:35:16 pm »

Actually I don't see how we will get much useful info out of him as it was an amateur effort at terrorism despite being pulled off quite successfully.

Not true.
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013, 04:52:17 pm »
Which? The part about being amateurs? Or not getting useful info?
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline punatic

• Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2013, 07:35:21 pm »
Both.  The sophistication of their weapons and methods indicates neither amateurism nor "lonewolf" activities.
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907