General Category > General Homebrew Discussion

Second thoughts on brewing

<< < (2/9) > >>

roll0164:
I'm currently working out batch number 11 and I still don't have a burner or chiller. As of now I've been doing stove top and when I bumped up to all grain I just ended up doing the boils in two 5 gallon pots. As for chilling, I live in Wisconsin so my ground water comes out < 50. I just fill up the bathtub and dump in a couple 5 gallon buckets of snow from my driveway. I think I was below 80 in about 45 min on my last brew.

Now that summer is coming around I'll look at getting a chiller and a burner so I can move outdoors. Otherwise who cares, you're making the beer so you're going to love how it tastes regardless. I'm sure some of mine were pure crap and they still tasted fantastic to me

klickitat jim:
Ditto. Keep in mind the variety of experience on this forum. Anything from guys like me who have brewed 20 batches in 6 months to full on pros who know all there is to know. Don't panic. Make a batch and ease into it. Remember that 1000 years ago no one had starsan or plastic or stainless steel or etc and they made beer

"Freedom is temporary unless you are also Brave!" - Patriot

euge:
Well I can help you as others can if you want. My advice will be sincere, simple and easy to follow.

euge:
Ha I hate double posting but here goes...

flbrewer what type of kit did you purchase and do you possess the equipment such as buckets and capper etc... in order to ferment and bottle your beer?

Perhaps the kit was an intermediate or advanced variety?

flbrewer:

--- Quote from: euge on April 19, 2013, 06:29:49 PM ---Ha I hate double posting but here goes...

flbrewer what type of kit did you purchase and do you possess the equipment such as buckets and capper etc... in order to ferment and bottle your beer?

Perhaps the kit was an intermediate or advanced variety?

--- End quote ---
I ordered the below kit with the glass carboys. I also ordered a case of 22 oz. bottles.
http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/brewing/beer-equipment-starter-kits/deluxe-brewing-starter-kit.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version