General Category > Kegging and Bottling

Beverage line length ?

(1/4) > >>

aschecte:

Ok This may be a newb question but, I have been brewing now for appx 15 years and finally yes finally made a Keezer build and it came out beautiful if I do say so myself. My problem is this I am having a huge problem with foaming. I have done some research and now understand the principle of restriction of flow based on diameter of tube at "x" psi at "x" temperature but in all practicality it has not helped a bit and I still have foaming problems. To be more specific I am running 3/16" bevflex 200 tube at 12' and at 37-40 degrees and that should have enough resistance to overcome 10 psi of regulator pressure. What am I doing wrong here ? As it stands I need to pour appx. 3 times and wait for the head to go down each time until my glass is full. No one should ever have to wait for a full glass of home brew right  : ) ?  thanks for any help you can give I really appreciate it !!! cheers !!

Tim Thomssen:
I use 10 foot of 3/16 I.D. line and get a nice pour, 12 should work great.

Do you have a fan inside to keep the air circulated?  Could be temperature stratifacation inside the unit, leaving the lines on top a bit warmer, which would cause foam.

tom:
How do you carbonate the kegs?

aschecte:

--- Quote from: tom on April 20, 2013, 08:18:08 PM ---How do you carbonate the kegs?

--- End quote ---

I use a Co2 regulator attached to each keg..... I do not do fast force carbs I usually will set the regulator to the desired volume of co2 then give it 2-3 weeks at that psi before serving.

tschmidlin:
How fast does the beer come out?  Look in the line, is it liquid or foam?  Does it change from liquid to foam at any point between the keg and the shank?  How much of the shank sticks into the keezer?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version