Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Beverage line length ?  (Read 8569 times)

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
Re: Beverage line length ?
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2013, 11:17:20 pm »
As my CO2 delivery guy told me
You will not get higher PSI than that in the tank
;D  Can't argue with that!
Tom Schmidlin

Offline aschecte

• Cellarman
  • Don't worry I'll drink it !!
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2013, 07:45:47 am »
Ok I think I now have my mind wrapped around this..... so if the tank pressure drops because of cold temps ie from 600 psi to 500 it is obviously still higher than 12 psi and in theory could though never would deliver up to 599 psi as long as it doesn't exceed the actual tanks pressure at a true reading as the regulator will allow the dialed psi to be delivered to the kegs. I think I understand the concept now. thanks for all the replies as well as dealing with my ignorance on the subject !!!  :)
don't worry I'll drink it !!

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2013, 10:33:19 am »
I don't think I understand what you typed there.

"true reading"?  The regulator is telling you the actual pressure in the tank, when it gets colder the pressure actually does drop.  As the tank runs out of liquid the pressure will start dropping.  When the gas pressure in the tank drops below the low pressure reading, the low pressure reading will go down no matter how you adjust it - there just isn't the gas there.

You could theoretically dial your low pressure up to whatever the high pressure gauge reads, but you will blow your keg long before you get there (assuming the regulator allows it and the lines hold long enough).
Tom Schmidlin

Offline aschecte

• Cellarman
  • Don't worry I'll drink it !!
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2013, 03:14:43 pm »
I don't think I understand what you typed there.

"true reading"?  The regulator is telling you the actual pressure in the tank, when it gets colder the pressure actually does drop.  As the tank runs out of liquid the pressure will start dropping.  When the gas pressure in the tank drops below the low pressure reading, the low pressure reading will go down no matter how you adjust it - there just isn't the gas there.

You could theoretically dial your low pressure up to whatever the high pressure gauge reads, but you will blow your keg long before you get there (assuming the regulator allows it and the lines hold long enough).

Sorry what I meant by true reading was on the low side of the regulator so for example ..... even though the high pressure side shows a decreased pressure because it is inside the keezer and cold. On the low side what I meant by true reading is that it is really delivering 12 psi and not 20 psi  o vice versa reading 12 psi but really delivering 9 psi and reading a reduced pressure like on the high side. I know I'm probably explaining my thoughts oddly but I'm doing the best I can  :). Regardless I do understand what you and others have wrote and now am comfortable with the pressure readings.
don't worry I'll drink it !!

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2013, 03:16:55 pm »
Regardless I do understand what you and others have wrote and now am comfortable with the pressure readings.
That's the important part :)
Tom Schmidlin