Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Sorry Guest, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is set to expire October 13, 2024, 08:19:18 am.

Author Topic: Storage of equipment (tubes, brushes, funnel, etc.)  (Read 3602 times)

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
Re: Storage of equipment (tubes, brushes, funnel, etc.)
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2013, 09:09:59 am »
I've noticed after cleaning out/off some of the smaller plastic tubes that small beads of water tend to stick around. Will they eventually dry, or is a problem for mold? Not sure how to get these thin tubes completely dry. Thanks.

I would think that as long the water spots are starsan or the like then whatever remains in the hoses wont be able to hold mold.  Ive also worried about that in the past, but im on batch 20+ and have yet to have a bad batch.
*knock on wood*
Jeff
If you use a no-rinse sanitizer (StarSan, Iodophor), the droplets are therefore sanitizing solution. If you mixed it properly, RDWHAHB.
Jon H.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2013, 10:55:14 am »
Nice brew area, but when was this picture taken Denny?  If it's recent, then you need a new monitor and upgrade from Windows ME ;D

No ME for me!  It was, and still is, Win95.  That's all I need since all I do with that machine is run Promash.  I do have a 23 in. flat screen monitor on it, now, along with a new and larger desk.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Joe Sr.

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Chicago - NORTH SIDE
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2013, 10:57:08 am »
Nice brew area, but when was this picture taken Denny?  If it's recent, then you need a new monitor and upgrade from Windows ME ;D

No ME for me!  It was, and still is, Win95.  That's all I need since all I do with that machine is run Promash.  I do have a 23 in. flat screen monitor on it, now, along with a new and larger desk.

Well, at least your not using 3.1
It's all in the reflexes. - Jack Burton