General Category > Equipment and Software

Spoon material

<< < (2/2)

weithman5:
i have a piece of oak that i have marks on for the kettle depth (volume) use it for everything. it doesn't get hot when in the boil either.

HoosierBrew:

--- Quote from: weithman5 on April 25, 2013, 01:36:47 PM ---i have a piece of oak that i have marks on for the kettle depth (volume) use it for everything. it doesn't get hot when in the boil either.

--- End quote ---
+1.  Mine is a BIG wooden spoon that my carpenter buddy made for me in his garage a long time ago.  It's notched with all my kettle measurements as well.  Gotta like a good multipurpose tool !

erockrph:
I have one of these. I use it for both the mash and boil kettle. I also use a long, slotted stainless spoon for aerating and punching down meads.

Jimmy K:
I use a long stainless spoon like above. It doesn't matter so much for stirring wort, but it is easily sanitized for stirring priming sugar or anything else into finished beer.

hopfenundmalz:
I have a wooden mash fork for the mash. A wooden paddle for the boil, but that comes out before flameout and the long SS spoon goes in. A long time ago I had a long plastic spoon, but that finally got some cracks, then it broke.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version