Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Birthday Beer Awesomness  (Read 1583 times)

Offline roll0164

• 1st Kit
Birthday Beer Awesomness
« on: April 26, 2013, 06:12:10 pm »
I missed out on my last 4 birthdays due to training and deployments. My family made up for lost time this year with a new polar ware brew kettle, bayou classic burner and a gift card for my local Home Brew store to load up on the goodies. Anyone else get some awesome home brew equipment for their birthday's this year?
Chris

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
Re: Birthday Beer Awesomness
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 06:42:09 pm »
Congrats !  Can't imagine a better birthday present. I got a gift certificate to my LHBS on my last b-day, which I put to darned good use.  Enjoy - you earned it !
Jon H.

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
Birthday Beer Awesomness
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 06:44:20 pm »
That is really cool! Enjoy! :)
Ron Price

Offline ibru

• Assistant Brewer
  • Brew Day is My Day!
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 09:39:38 am »
Nice birthday gifts indeed. I'm sure you'll put them to good use. Thank you for your service to our country.

I also did well a few weeks back. I got the "Turtle" (for making black and tans), a couple carbonator caps, a gift certificate and some money from my wife to help buy pups to replace my two Golden Retrievers that I had to put down in the past few months. We got two little Goldendoodles. Been a while since we've had puppies around. They sure have lots of energy, but very loving little guys. Great birthday present.

Bruce

Offline HobsonDrake

• Assistant Brewer
  • Beaverton, OR
    • Brew Batch List
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 05:08:03 pm »
All my family live in different states. So we don't get together to do birthdays. Some send Amazon gift cards. I use them to buy brew gear. Last birthday was a 10 gal igloo and false bottom. It replaces my 5 gal that I now use for sparg water. I think I will drop hints that my LHBS would be better choice. I like supporting local.
Check out my brew history and recipes at http://www.hobsondrake.com/BrewList.html

John D.

Offline roll0164

• 1st Kit
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 05:13:45 pm »
+ a million to the puppies and I know what you mean with the amazon gift cards, I got a couple for christmas and that's exactly what they went towards
Chris