General Category > General Homebrew Discussion

Scoresheet comment... Inappropriate?

(1/7) > >>

brewmasternpb:
Hi guys, I got my 2 scoresheets back from the regional competition for NHC.  One was great, I think I advanced to the second round with a 44.  The other one was a 28, a score I am much more used to  ;D.
I usually like the comments, even if they are critical, but a comment I received for my 28 beer (IPA), seemed a little harsh.  For overall impression, it says:
Very nice but very one dimensional
more like a big pale ale
Better Beers on table

So, I may be too sensitive here, but I just wanted to know what you guys thought of the third line, I just thought it went without saying that if you scored a 28, there were better beers on the table.

rbclay:
I'd say that last comment was unnecessary, albeit likely true. I have certainly thought it, but I wouldn't write it.

klickitat jim:
I would be proud of the high score and either forget the low one or rework the recipe and make it better. But I wouldn't let the low one get to me.

"Friends don't let friends drink bad beer"

brewmasternpb:
The good news is, my problem is finally the recipe (after 10 years of tweaking the process).  I was going for an extremely simple IPA, but probably shouldn't have for competition.

udubdawg:
I don't think I'd be offended by it, but they really wasted their time writing something that goes without saying - if it didn't advance, and wasn't mis-categorized, then well yeah there were better beers on the table...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version