Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Home Brew Supply Startup  (Read 13938 times)

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
Re: Home Brew Supply Startup
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2013, 02:07:57 pm »
Thanks for all the input. My vision is: Home Brew Supplies including DME/Grain kits and All grain kits. Wine and cheese making supplies and lessons for beginners in all three disciplines. Growler bar with 10 to 20 local-ish brands on tap and craft beer in bottles from all over. In the right spot I believe it will be a hit.

My LHBS sells all bottles as singles.  You can mix and match which allows people to try a lot of different beers without buying 6 of everything.  It has been a very good format for him.

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline bboy9000

• Brewmaster
  • KCMO
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2013, 02:27:08 pm »
My LHBS can't sell through the New Zealand hops not counting Sauvin.  Jade, Motueka, Pacifica, etc. I think would sell, but nope.  It's in the largest suburb of KCMO.  Food for thought.

He is considering selling singles and sixers of craft beer too.
Brian
mobrewer

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2013, 02:30:08 pm »
While customer input will be great, try not to allow one customer to get you stock something only they will buy.  The LHBS did that here after only being open a couple months, and they have a gallon of Fermcap that is basically garbage at this point.  It's a balancing act on many things.  Definately try to get the local club to meet at your store if at all possible, but in my state, you can't bring homebrew into a place that already sells beer.