General Category > General Homebrew Discussion

WLP565 What a monster

(1/3) > >>

scottgott01:
Brewed a 1.059 Saison Thursday evening. Let fermentation get rolling and ramped her up to about 85 Saturday morning. I checked my gravity yesterday and its already at 1.010. Added some Brett this morning. Hoping for a good turnout. WLP565 is a beast. I have heard about stalls, but I've used this 3 times and had awesome attenuation.

hoser:
If you think WLP565 is a beast, you should try WY3711.  It would have been at 1.002 this AM :P

dbeechum:
You know, I don't know about that. 3711 works perfectly fine and it's reliable, but I haven't seen anything that makes me believe it ferments any more "monsterly" than WLP565/3724

scottgott01:
I do actually have one question tho. I tossed my brett b in when it hit 1.010 so the brett had some fermentable to chomp at. How long does it usually take for the brett character to show up?

Jeff M:

--- Quote from: scottyg354 on May 06, 2013, 08:55:07 AM ---I do actually have one question tho. I tossed my brett b in when it hit 1.010 so the brett had some fermentable to chomp at. How long does it usually take for the brett character to show up?

--- End quote ---

From what i have read, 3-6 months. the longer the better it seems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version