Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: NHC Competition Bottle Shipment Worries  (Read 5380 times)

Offline vikeman

• 1st Kit
NHC Competition Bottle Shipment Worries
« on: March 26, 2013, 09:55:07 am »
So I shipped my bottles to New York yesterday (Monday).  (From my area, it's one day delivery, so there's a day of wiggle room before the Wednesday deadline.)  I shipped to the revised New York address that was recently provided to New York region entrants via email.

So I checked the status with UPS and got this...

Brooklyn, NY, United States  03/26/2013  4:33 A.M.  The receiver requested a hold for a future delivery date. UPS will attempt delivery on date requested. / Delivery rescheduled.

Anyone else get something like this?  Should I worry?

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
Re: NHC Competition Bottle Shipment Worries
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 10:05:38 am »
They received my yesterday at the new location with no problem.  I'm sure it was no one was available to accept delivery or they are getting overloaded with entries and need a day to catch up.
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline Janis

• AHA Project Coordinator/NHC Director
  • Brewer
  • Which came first, the pelican or the beer?
    • American Homebrewers Association
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 10:43:57 am »
So I shipped my bottles to New York yesterday (Monday).  (From my area, it's one day delivery, so there's a day of wiggle room before the Wednesday deadline.)  I shipped to the revised New York address that was recently provided to New York region entrants via email.

So I checked the status with UPS and got this...

Brooklyn, NY, United States  03/26/2013  4:33 A.M.  The receiver requested a hold for a future delivery date. UPS will attempt delivery on date requested. / Delivery rescheduled.

Anyone else get something like this?  Should I worry?
Ken Hettinger checked on this, and your package was just delivered.

Cheers,
Janis
Janis Gross
National Homebrew Competition Director
AHA Project Coordinator
janis@brewersassociation.org

Offline vikeman

• 1st Kit
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 12:12:17 pm »
Ken Hettinger checked on this, and your package was just delivered.

Cheers,
Janis

Thank You.  I didn't expect anyone to actually take the time to check on this one shipment.  I was really just wondering if I was the only one (like something might have fallen through the cracks with UPS).  But I really do appreciate it.  It's a big relief, because I hate shipping bottles.  Thanks again to you and Ken.

Offline pathfinder1

• 1st Kit
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 06:29:33 pm »
I have exactly the same issue which has had me concerned all day.  I sent an email to Ken and he responded that there should have been no holds, but my tracking still says "Held for Future Delivery".

Hopefully mine was actually delivered as well!

Offline vikeman

• 1st Kit
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 05:18:36 am »
I have exactly the same issue which has had me concerned all day.  I sent an email to Ken and he responded that there should have been no holds, but my tracking still says "Held for Future Delivery".

Hopefully mine was actually delivered as well!

Yeah.  As of this morning, mine still says "Held for Future Delivery," but I will assume Ken is correct and that it was actually received.

Offline pathfinder1

• 1st Kit
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 08:30:23 pm »
Yeah.  As of this morning, mine still says "Held for Future Delivery," but I will assume Ken is correct and that it was actually received.

Still showing "Held for Future Delivery".  It's good you got some direct confirmation, I'm sure that's right.  Its likely that mine got delivered as well, but I'd much rather have some confirmation.  I may check in with Ken again tomorrow.

Offline pathfinder1

• 1st Kit
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 06:50:40 am »
Update.  This morning my UPS status is "On Vehicle for Delivery Today", so I guess it really was held up by the reciever as UPS indicated.  So it will be delivered today, a day after it was due, despite actually having gotten there by Tuesday.

In the email response from Ken he indicated that my entry would be fine if there by Friday, so I guess I'm OK.  A perplexing situation.  I think next time I'll consider making the trek to drop it off myself.

Offline vikeman

• 1st Kit
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 10:23:03 am »
Update.  This morning my UPS status is "On Vehicle for Delivery Today", so I guess it really was held up by the reciever as UPS indicated.  So it will be delivered today, a day after it was due, despite actually having gotten there by Tuesday.

In the email response from Ken he indicated that my entry would be fine if there by Friday, so I guess I'm OK.  A perplexing situation.  I think next time I'll consider making the trek to drop it off myself.

If it makes you feel any better, mine also says "On Vehicle for Delivery Today," so if mine was really delivered Tuesday, maybe yours was already delivered too.

Offline pathfinder1

• 1st Kit
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 12:50:54 pm »

If it makes you feel any better, mine also says "On Vehicle for Delivery Today," so if mine was really delivered Tuesday, maybe yours was already delivered too.

I just got the delivery notification, so it sure looks like it was actually delivered this afternoon and truely had a hold put on it. I'm assuming the deadline being missed would be waived in this circumstance.

Offline Janis

• AHA Project Coordinator/NHC Director
  • Brewer
  • Which came first, the pelican or the beer?
    • American Homebrewers Association
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 12:57:01 pm »

I just got the delivery notification, so it sure looks like it was actually delivered this afternoon and truely had a hold put on it. I'm assuming the deadline being missed would be waived in this circumstance.
Hi,

Any packages with delayed delivery due to forces beyond the entrants control will be accepted if they are received within a reasonable time frame.

Cheers,
Janis
Janis Gross
National Homebrew Competition Director
AHA Project Coordinator
janis@brewersassociation.org

Offline pathfinder1

• 1st Kit
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 01:21:12 pm »
Hi,

Any packages with delayed delivery due to forces beyond the entrants control will be accepted if they are received within a reasonable time frame.

Cheers,
Janis

Thanks Janis!

Offline vikeman

• 1st Kit
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2013, 02:28:18 pm »

Hmmm.  Mine now says delivered today at 1:44.  I'm not sure how they delivered it twice, but I guess it's there!   :)