Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Upgrade time  (Read 1836 times)

Offline gymrat

• Brewmaster
  • Ralph's Brewery
Upgrade time
« on: May 08, 2013, 09:06:27 am »
My duo tap tower and hardware to install it are due to be delivered today. It is a 3 inch tower that will be replacing a 2 1/2 inch tower so I will be doing some modification to bolt it on. No problem. What I am apprehensive about is the modification to my regulator. I need to take the shutoff valve off, put a splitter on, and put the shutoff valve and the new shutoff valve onto that. And I have never been any good with that teflon tape crap. I have been watching youtube videos on how to do it. Once I get passed that I have a red ale that I just tapped into and a nice White Wheat beer that I will be kegging this weekend.

I wasn't sure what to do with my old tower. Then I got the idea of attaching it to a garbage can lid. A brand new garbage can just for this. I found one at Mennards with a really nice flat heavy duty lid. I am going to put a 10 gallon cooler in the can to hold my keg. Then I can just put ice around it. I am going to convert a 20 oz C02 bottle like they use in paint guns to gas it. It won't carbonate the keg but it will dispense it. And wala I will have a picnic kegerator for barbeques and stuff.

Waste not want not.
Ralph's Brewery
Topeka, KS