Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Upgrade  (Read 4212 times)

Offline Jeff M

• Brewmaster
  • Currently upgrading to Brewery 3.0
Re: Upgrade
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2013, 07:45:49 pm »
How about a nice scale to measure hops and salts?  Or equipment to make yeast starters?

+1 to this. if you plan on making high gravity beers, a stirplate will be great.  personally i would get the immersion chiller. i didnt use one for the first 10 batches i did. after using it twice i cant figure out how i got by without one.
Granite Coast Brewing Company.
Building a clone of The Electric Brewery to use as a pilot system for new recipes!

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2013, 08:54:20 pm »
I would go with a one barrel system if you have enough credit lol. Ingredients if it's not that big. Yeast starter stir plate kit if it's moderate

cornershot

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2013, 05:41:34 am »
Don't buy a chiller. If you're the least bit handy you can make one for far cheaper in under an hour. Buy a book. "How to brew" if you don't already have it or maybe "brewing better beer " by Gordon Strong. Beyond that I'd say a 2 liter flask for making starters and a 6 gallon glass carboy.

Offline davidgzach

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2013, 07:36:22 am »
Another bucket and the rest on ingredients to make lots of beer!   :)

Dave
Dave Zach

Offline mpmccann

• 1st Kit
  • Old Orchard Brewing - Lewisville, Texas
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2013, 02:27:50 pm »
As others have stated, once you've be bitten by the homebrew bug, you will never have enough equipment. I would definitely invest in something you will need in the future. Good luck deciding what that is my friend.  :-\
All for Brew / Brew for All