Other than Brewing > The Pub

A bomber is rarely a good deal

<< < (9/12) > >>

tschmidlin:
In my area you can get single 12oz bottles for 1/6 the price of a six pack.

klickitat jim:
Odd how that works out, huh?

nateo:

--- Quote from: tschmidlin on May 11, 2013, 08:53:35 PM ---In my area you can get single 12oz bottles for 1/6 the price of a six pack.

--- End quote ---

Single bottles are at least 30% more expensive here. Those mix-a-six deals are usually $1.50-2.50 per bottle, while most craft six packs cost <$8, and some cost <$7.

erockrph:

--- Quote from: nateo on May 12, 2013, 06:04:03 AM ---
--- Quote from: tschmidlin on May 11, 2013, 08:53:35 PM ---In my area you can get single 12oz bottles for 1/6 the price of a six pack.

--- End quote ---

Single bottles are at least 30% more expensive here. Those mix-a-six deals are usually $1.50-2.50 per bottle, while most craft six packs cost <$8, and some cost <$7.

--- End quote ---

Same here. Usually you get something like 10% off a sixer, but the markup on the singles is still higher than the mix-a-six or even the case discount. I usually try to stuff a bomber or two in there to save some $ on them.

My main issue with bombers is that I don't drink 22oz of a RIS or IIPA in one sitting. I'd much rather buy 12oz bottles, so that I'm not forced to buy more than I'm planning on drinking in one sitting. I'd gladly pay a premium price for 12oz bottles for a brewery's "premium" or "limited-release" beers. I'd rather see 4-packs for the same price as 6 on those beers than bombers for the price of 2-3 twelve ounce bottles.

nateo:

--- Quote from: erockrph on May 12, 2013, 06:19:39 AM ---My main issue with bombers is that I don't drink 22oz of a RIS or IIPA in one sitting.

--- End quote ---

I actually really enjoy Rogue's 7oz beers. That seemed like a good size for a big beer, for me. I don't think they were very popular though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version