Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Kegging Advice - Am I crazy for offering?  (Read 6516 times)

Offline akr71

• Brewmaster
  • Beer Ain't Drinkin' - Mojo Nixon
Re: Kegging Advice - Am I crazy for offering?
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2010, 06:44:48 am »
Who says it has to be kegged? If the co-worker is still willing to help pay for ingredients... Why not brew
up a 10 gallon batch (or more)  of bottles for them...Or at that point you could probably work out a mix of
beers. Hell, in Canada it would be better that those US imports of BMC... ;)

Don't get me wrong, if you can work a kegging set up out of it try. But explain that you were only conversing,
but the offer of some "Custom made" brews for the wedding and efforts can still be offered. Not to mention
some nice labels for the brews, and the obligatory honey wine (mead) for the honeymoon.  :-* 8)

Start collecting the bits and pieces of hardware needed. One piece at a time if you have to but it is definitely
worth the wait and effort to keg.

They were pretty much only interested in a keg - I offered the bottle option and she refused.  At this point it seems like too much work for someone I barely know and would be just as happy with a few cases of Blue of Canadian.

If it was someone who appreciated and drank my beer on a regular basis, it would be a different story.  I do have 18 lbs of honey waiting to be fermented, but the results of that are going to be jealously guarded  ;D
Andy

Amherst, NS - Canada

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2010, 02:01:05 am »
Pretty wise decision on backing out.

I prime my kegs now and while it's better to put a couple psi on the keg it isn't absolutely required. The lid on the cornie should be tight enough to upend the keg without it leaking before it gets any psi.

Kegs will really free your brewing but make sure you got a lot of friends to help you drink it all up... :D
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline danetrain

• 1st Kit
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2010, 08:34:31 pm »
I would recommend the two keg system if you have the space/means of brewing the larger batches.  I find its nice to have the extra beer around for anyone looking for a growler.
Cheers