Author Topic: Brewer BIo: Scott Schemahorn  (Read 3039 times)

Offline Schemy

• 1st Kit
    • View Profile
Brewer BIo: Scott Schemahorn
« on: May 02, 2013, 11:06:21 AM »
Who Are You (please include a picture):  Scott Schemahorn 
Home Town (City, State): Omaha, NE
Homebrew Club: Homebrewers Local 402
I've been a homebrewer since:  2010
Do you have a homebrewing disaster you'd like to share?  I tried to brew a traditional bock without really understanding lager fermentation.  I didn't let the beer ferment out correctly, and ended up with bottle gushers that I got 2 full pints out of the 2 cases. 
What is your favorite style(s) to brew?  I enjoy sessionable ale brewing. Also brewing Saisons.
Are you a BJCP Judge?  If so, what is your rank and how long have you been judging?  Not yet, planning on taking the tests soon.
How frequently do you brew (times/month or /year)?  2-3 times/ month. 
What is your favorite malt?  Why?  Golden Promise.  I think it creates a smooth rich malt flavor in my beers.
What is your favorite hop? Why?  Cascade.  Its so versitile. 
Do you have a good homebrew club story you'd like to share?  Our homebrew club is really great. Within the first few weeks of formation we put an ESB into a Templeton Rye Whiskey Barrel.  We are always ready to take on new brewing challenges. 
Do you brew alone, with friends or with someone you live with?  Most brew days are spent with other members from our club.  This is such a social hobby, it just is a lot of fun to have a group all brewing together.
Are you an indoor or outdoor brewer?  Outdoors
List some of the names you've given your beers. Which is your favorite?  I use song titles and/or bands to inspire my beer names. It could be whatever I was listening to when I came up with the recipe or to what was playing while brewing.  Hey Ladies Honey Saison, Rigby English Brown Porter, Dead Flowers IPA, Day Tripper Imperial English Pale Ale. 

Schemy

Offline davidgzach

• Senior Brewmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Brewer BIo: Scott Schemahorn
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 07:42:12 AM »
Welcome to the Forum!

Dave
Dave Zach