General Category > Going Pro

Fermentation Temperature Control

<< < (2/6) > >>

tschmidlin:
How hot and humid does it get in the brewery?  You can probably start without one but know it is there if you have problems.  Doug at Malt and Vine went with a beefed up AC unit for his walk in after he blew out a smaller one, he might be using a coolbot too.  Shoot him an email and ask, tell him I mentioned it.  He has a bigger temp drop, but I think you want a bigger space he has.

micsager:

--- Quote from: tschmidlin on May 13, 2013, 09:38:57 AM ---How hot and humid does it get in the brewery?  You can probably start without one but know it is there if you have problems.  Doug at Malt and Vine went with a beefed up AC unit for his walk in after he blew out a smaller one, he might be using a coolbot too.  Shoot him an email and ask, tell him I mentioned it.  He has a bigger temp drop, but I think you want a bigger space he has.

--- End quote ---

I've never measured humidity, but even in the day or two that hits 80 over here, the brewery stays a cool 70-75.  And our space will be 8X12, and 8 feet tall.  Not all that big, we oprdered a 5,000 BTU air conditioner.  The heater will be used more often than the cooler to keep it at the 64 you recommended.

tschmidlin:
I think you're right you'll be using the heater more :)

jjflash:

--- Quote from: tschmidlin on May 10, 2013, 08:37:25 AM ---I highly recommend a coolbot to keep the air conditioner working well
http://www.amazon.com/CoolBot-Walk-In-Cooler-Controller-conditioner/dp/B003VSLTAI

--- End quote ---

Tom, that is a way cool device, pun intended. Never seen this gadget before.

Pawtucket Patriot:

--- Quote from: jjflash on May 13, 2013, 07:33:53 PM ---
--- Quote from: tschmidlin on May 10, 2013, 08:37:25 AM ---I highly recommend a coolbot to keep the air conditioner working well
http://www.amazon.com/CoolBot-Walk-In-Cooler-Controller-conditioner/dp/B003VSLTAI

--- End quote ---

Tom, that is a way cool device, pun intended. Never seen this gadget before.

--- End quote ---

Very cool, indeed.  I've considered getting a coolbot to make a lagering room in my basement.  Right now, I've got a nice little mini fridge "lagerator," but I'd like to have the freedom to ferment multiple lagers at the same time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version