General Category > Beer Travel

New York City

<< < (2/3) > >>

jeffy:
There is a Belgian Beer bar on 43rd just to the east of Times Square that has nice fresh Belgian beers on tap, although mostly mainstream, and some really good appetizers.  I'd never had better roasted mussels on the half shell.
We went to Biererria (a Mario Battali restaurant and brew pub by the Flat Iron Bldg) last year.  I have better beer at home, but the food and atmosphere were great.

ramfan1994:
Thanks for all the info - can't wait to try a few of these places!

ramfan1994

hopfenundmalz:
Also:
dba on first down by Houston St.
DBGB on Bowery, a Gastropub.
Spotted Pig in the west Village.

Bring $$$ for the last 2.  :)

jeffy:

--- Quote from: jeffy on May 13, 2013, 11:58:24 AM ---There is a Belgian Beer bar on 43rd just to the east of Times Square that has nice fresh Belgian beers on tap, although mostly mainstream, and some really good appetizers.  I'd never had better roasted mussels on the half shell.
We went to Biererria (a Mario Battali restaurant and brew pub by the Flat Iron Bldg) last year.  I have better beer at home, but the food and atmosphere were great.

--- End quote ---

That Belgian Bar is called BXL.  It's a door or two away from Heartland, just a walk through the crowds from Times Square.

Delo:
There are some good recomendations above. I dont think you can go wrong with any of them.  I would aslo add the burp castle to the list.  We went to the Alewife in Long Island city, a quick subway ride from times square, this weekend for the first time.  They have a good selection and decent prices and is more low key. We went to an event with unlimited tastings so we didnt eat their food, but it looked good. We stopped at Rattle and Hum on the way home. They have a good beer selection but the wife wasnt too happy about the $17 burger i had, but I was pretty drunk hungry.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version