Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Collecting Cooling Water for Future Brews  (Read 5946 times)

Offline Joe Sr.

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Chicago - NORTH SIDE
Re: Re: Collecting Cooling Water for Future Brews
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2013, 07:47:20 am »

Are you prepping, Mort?
[/quote]

What's wrong with prepping? Its why I started brewing. What's the point of surviving the ZA if there's no beer?
[/quote]

Many good suggestions here: http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/forum/index.php?topic=13798.0

But none related to collecting cooling water.
It's all in the reflexes. - Jack Burton

Offline blatz

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Paul Blatz - Jupiter, FL
Re: Collecting Cooling Water for Future Brews
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2013, 08:21:16 am »
just make sure you are using an RV hose or other potable water hose to connect to your cooling water source.  regular hose water is NASTY.
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

BJCP National: F0281

Offline thebigbaker

• Brewmaster
  • Denver, CO
Re: Collecting Cooling Water for Future Brews
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2013, 08:39:51 am »
just make sure you are using an RV hose or other potable water hose to connect to your cooling water source.  regular hose water is NASTY.

Thanks Blatz, I thought of that and getting an RV hose today.  I just moved up from 3 gal batches to 5 gal batches and started doing my boils in the garage w/ a burner.  I still heat my mash and sparge water on the stove in the kitchen, so I'v been looking for an RV hose recently so that I can fill my water in the garage.
Jeremy Baker

"An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You should never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg