Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Good day  (Read 5044 times)

Offline realbeerguy

• Brewer
  • Golf & drink beer with your friends
Re: Good day
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2013, 12:55:02 pm »
Do the modifications on the Brinkman for it to work right.
Member Savannah Brewers League & Lowcountry MALTS

Bluffton SC

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2013, 01:38:43 pm »
Do the modifications on the Brinkman for it to work right.

I almost bought a Brinkman but it looked too draughty.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline thebigbaker

• Brewmaster
  • Denver, CO
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2013, 01:48:08 pm »
That Brinkman was the first smoker I owned.  It's been almost 10 years, but I still have it.  It's been years since I've used it since I've been using my pit smoker for the past 3 years, yet, there's no way I'm giving it away!
Jeremy Baker

"An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You should never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2013, 02:45:47 pm »
I used to own a Brinkman - got alot of use from it.  I have a New Braunfels 2- chamber style now.  Love it.  Definitely not in Ron's league though.
Jon H.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
Good day
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2013, 03:28:17 pm »
I'm probably going to get a Komodo this summer. But the brinkman works ok. Just plan about 9+ hours for a pork shoulder. Yer gonna have to build the fire again at least once and that means tearing the whole thing apart. Otherwise u can add coals and wood throughout the day.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2013, 06:10:44 pm »
I'm probably going to get a Komodo this summer. But the brinkman works ok. Just plan about 9+ hours for a pork shoulder. Yer gonna have to build the fire again at least once and that means tearing the whole thing apart. Otherwise u can add coals and wood throughout the day.

You'll be able to do a 24hr+ cook with one load of charcoal in a Komodo if it is anything like an Egg. If you do it right. Might have to give the coals a stir once or twice.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline Hokerer

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Manassas, VA
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2013, 06:40:54 pm »
Did my first Boston Butt on my birthday present ( http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/forum/index.php?topic=165.msg194561#msg194561 ) this weekend and wow, just wow!  Took forever but the taste was something else.
Joe