Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: SS Bottles  (Read 6174 times)

Offline quattlebaum

• Brewer
    • Wildhops
Re: SS Bottles
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2013, 09:00:03 pm »
Ya. Just can't do that. I have ss 16oz cup I bought for on the go on the river but it makes all my beer tast tinny. I use 64 oz Nalgene bottles. They are super bad ass. I also use 32 oz nalgene to bring samples to club meetings. They are hard to find but I will share my sweet spot with all that wishes to us nalgenes.
http://www.outdoorpros.com/Prod/Nalgene-2015-2000-Square-Bottle-Pc-64-Oz/34010/Cat/1474

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2013, 06:31:39 am »
You can get them for $34.25 @ Deep Wood Brew Products....and the bottles are bare (nothing printed on them).

http://www.dwbrewproducts.com/shop/index.php/bottles-c-14?osCsid=b6e91713e5600e2ee413f108d37951f6

Thanks for the link. Still pricy, but a lot more reasonable. And If I'm going to pay that kind of price for a bottle (not that I think I would), I don't want someone else's dorky logo/writing all over it.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline tonyp

• Brewmaster
  • If it ain't broke you aren't trying hard enough...
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2013, 04:37:06 pm »
Ya. Just can't do that. I have ss 16oz cup I bought for on the go on the river but it makes all my beer tast tinny. I use 64 oz Nalgene bottles. They are super bad ass. I also use 32 oz nalgene to bring samples to club meetings. They are hard to find but I will share my sweet spot with all that wishes to us nalgenes.
http://www.outdoorpros.com/Prod/Nalgene-2015-2000-Square-Bottle-Pc-64-Oz/34010/Cat/1474

Check the bottom of those bottles, if its has a #3 or #7 it can leech BPA into whatever your drinking. Nalgene was known for using BPA plastics in the past so I would check just to be sure.
Live from the Jersey Shore!

Phrases for Creatives, #22:
"I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter."

Offline quattlebaum

• Brewer
    • Wildhops
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2013, 08:39:38 pm »
He'll the beer will kill me before the BPA does. They do have a 7 on the bottom. From my understanding it is of Maine concern when heated or highly acidic liquid is introduced. However this shouldn't be laken lightly. But hear is the kicker...................beer cans are lined with BPA and the FDA has not banned it
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 09:08:35 pm by quattlebaum »

Offline tonyp

• Brewmaster
  • If it ain't broke you aren't trying hard enough...
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2013, 11:10:36 am »
He'll the beer will kill me before the BPA does.

You could also be hit by a bus, but you still look both ways when you cross a street!

But hear is the kicker...................beer cans are lined with BPA and the FDA has not banned it

If you saw a list of the things the FDA said was safe that later showed as poisonous, cancerous or harmful you'd need all day to read it. ;)

Just a heads up!
Live from the Jersey Shore!

Phrases for Creatives, #22:
"I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter."