Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Shout Out for Border Brewery (and Brew Supply) in Salem, NH  (Read 2462 times)

Offline knafrancis

• Cellarman
Just wanted to recommend a LHBS I've just visited in Salem, NH.  Border Brewery & Brew supply http://www.borderbrewsupply.com is run by a nice couple who are "going pro" with both their supply side, and by opening a new tasting room and brewery on premises!

They seem like a really nice couple - people who believe in craft beer, and are working very long hours to make a go of it.  Good prices on grain - they get bulk discounts because of the brewery. 

The setup is neat.  There is the supply store, then you walk into the tasting room, and look through glass doors into the brewery while they're working.  Growler fills available for a reasonable price.  Supply store seems pretty well stocked, although their hop inventory was a little low when I visited.  Nice selection, just running low.  That's not a bad sign - I like to see ingredient turnover.

Anyway, props to these folks.  They're 20 minutes from home for me, which makes them my new LHBS.

And I hesitate to say this, but they've got a line on a ton of ball-lock kegs, selling them for a reasonable price.  Just don't buy them all before I can save up the coin to get a couple!

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
Re: Shout Out for Border Brewery (and Brew Supply) in Salem, NH
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 06:55:42 am »
I haven't been in since he had the brewery open.  They are nice people and a friendly dog greets you when you enter the store.  I am also about 20 minutes away and he has saved me a couple times when I've decided last minute to brew something and needed ingredients.

The place is a little hard to find if you don't know the area.  And after hitting the store and brewery, it's a short drive to The Grill Next Door in Haverhill for lunch/dinner.

Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline knafrancis

• Cellarman
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 12:47:35 pm »
There's a Seacoast Homebrew club?  Ah.... now that's interesting.  I'm right across the border in MA.

Great picture - and yes, in addition to the friendly dog(s), you get to see the new baby boy who hangs out with mom while she makes very accurate hop recommendations!  It's just the sort of atmosphere that people with kids like me want others to realize is the norm for the hobby.

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 03:40:57 pm »
There's a Seacoast Homebrew club?  Ah.... now that's interesting.  I'm right across the border in MA.

The Seacoast Homebrew Club meets the 2nd Wednesday of each month at A&G Homebrew Supply in Portsmouth, NH.  This month we are doing a club competition and the winner is going brew and have their beer on tap at Earth Eagle Brewings. 

The next meeting is June 12th at 7pm...you should stop by.
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline knafrancis

• Cellarman
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 01:13:48 pm »
Thanks - I appreciate the invite.  Summer's normally pretty booked up, but it's really good to know of a club close by!