Author Topic: Who's going to NHC?  (Read 21789 times)

Offline jeffy

• Brewmaster General
  • Tampa, Fl
    • View Profile
Re: Who's going to NHC?
« Reply #150 on: June 24, 2013, 10:06:35 AM »
I have seen a couple of references that this is only the second NHC on the East Coast. One was in the Philly Beer Scene, and mentioned the Manchester NH conf. as the first.

What about Baltimore and Orlando (which is about as close to the Atlantic as Manchester)?
Actually twice in Baltimore.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline theDarkSide

• Brewmaster General
  • Derry, NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 24, 2013, 10:42:29 AM »
I have seen a couple of references that this is only the second NHC on the East Coast. One was in the Philly Beer Scene, and mentioned the Manchester NH conf. as the first.

What about Baltimore and Orlando (which is about as close to the Atlantic as Manchester)?

Hey, I'm on the east coast in Manchester right now...East Coast of the Merrimack River  ;D

But I can be at the ocean in about 35 minutes.
Sergeant - BNArmy Member
AHA Member
Seacoast Homebrew Club Member
https://www.facebook.com/SeacoastHomebrewClub
Stephen M.
------------------------------------------------

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Official Poobah of No Life.
  • Milford, MI
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 24, 2013, 10:46:29 AM »

Actually twice in Baltimore.
[/quoteYou are correct!
Jeff Rankert
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild, AHA Member, BJCP Certified
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline breslinp

• Cellarman
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 24, 2013, 10:54:55 AM »
Anyone have any thoughts if I can bring a keg on SEPTA? Trying to figure out best way to get it down there.

I don't believe they allow alcohol to be transported on public transportation.  I may be wrong, though, you could call them and find out.  Bus or train?

Train. i'll just have to drive it down. Trying to avoid that.

Offline davidgzach

• Senior Brewmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 24, 2013, 11:21:08 AM »
Guys,

I'm confused.  Is there a place to get beers during the day at the conference or is it all BYOB? 

Dave
Dave Zach

Online mtnrockhopper

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Delaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 24, 2013, 11:33:06 AM »
Guys,

I'm confused.  Is there a place to get beers during the day at the conference or is it all BYOB? 

Dave
The Liberty Well will have beer served by clubs almost all the time that something major isn't happening (like during club night). I think it's open late morning - 2am every day.  Many expo vendors will have beer too. Seminars will often serve examples that go with talks too.
Jimmy K

Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup when the old president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP: B0958

Offline davidgzach

• Senior Brewmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 24, 2013, 11:42:20 AM »
Guys,

Dave
The Liberty Well will have beer served by clubs almost all the time that something major isn't happening (like during club night). I think it's open late morning - 2am every day.  Many expo vendors will have beer too. Seminars will often serve examples that go with talks too.

Thanks Jimmy.  So I'll be able to grab a brew and go to our meeting?  And if I want people to try mine, I should bring some samples.  Hence the luggage convo?

Dave
Dave Zach

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Milford, MI
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 24, 2013, 12:15:55 PM »
Guys,

Dave
It is hard NOT to get a beer during the day at the conference. Often samples are part of the first seminar in the morning.

Liberty Well. Often there will be beers on tap at the vendors booths.
Jeff Rankert

Offline jeffy

• Brewmaster General
  • Tampa, Fl
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 24, 2013, 01:42:58 PM »
Guys,

Dave
It is hard NOT to get a beer during the day at the conference. Often samples are part of the first seminar in the morning.

I sat at a 9am Mead seminar last year by Michael Fairbrother.  That's a hearty way to start the day with sample after sample of mead.  He had so many extra bottles he was encouraging people to take them home.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline davidgzach

• Senior Brewmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 24, 2013, 01:52:59 PM »
Guys,

Dave

I sat at a 9am Mead seminar last year by Michael Fairbrother.  That's a hearty way to start the day with sample after sample of mead.  He had so many extra bottles he was encouraging people to take them home.

That's a jump start all right.... :o
Dave Zach

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Milford, MI
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 24, 2013, 02:20:38 PM »
Guys,

Dave

i was there, and we did!
Jeff Rankert

Offline punatic

• Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 24, 2013, 02:46:00 PM »

Philly is 58 miles from the Atlantic Ocean.
Manchester is 34 miles.
Baltimore is 116 miles.
Orlando is 45 miles.

Technically none of them are ON the east coast.  Close enough for a homebrewers' association this size though!   8)
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline dbarber

• Brewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 24, 2013, 06:04:10 PM »
Guys,

Dave

Our goal is to have 36 taps flowing at all times when the Social Club is open.  Stop in for a beer between seminars.
Dave Barber
Orwigsburg, PA
Lehigh Valley Homebrewers

Offline davidgzach

• Senior Brewmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 24, 2013, 06:08:04 PM »
Guys,

Dave

Our goal is to have 36 taps flowing at all times when the Social Club is open.  Stop in for a beer between seminars.

Now THAT's what I'm talkin' about!  See you Thursday!  And Friday...and....
Dave Zach

Offline thirsty

• Assistant Brewer
  • Brewster, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 24, 2013, 08:04:56 PM »
Denny, really sorry to hear about your mom.

:(